Legion Torn Down

AMERICAN LEGION CLUB BUILDING was taken down this past week. The land for the post was originally donated in 1946 by James B. Ryan in memory of his sons who served in WWII. The post  erected the 40 x 100 quonset building to serve as the post home. In 1970 the post remodeled the dance hall adding on an addition to the building and transferring it into one of Northern Nebraska's elegant supper clubs under the management of Fritz Belzer. In later years the building also was the Hideaway Bar before closing three years ago.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.