The Holt County Courthouse and Annex will be open to customers by appointment only. The Holt County Board of Supervisors made this decision regarding the safety, services and organization within the County Courthouse. They will closely follow the federal and state guidelines for controlling the COVID-19 virus.Understand that these guidelines may change rapidly.
Their goal is to serve customers safely and efficiently. However for the safety of the staff and the public, the decision to be open by appointment only will be implemented. If you have an appointment, please use the south entrance to the Courthouse. They will try to communicate changes to the media as decisions are made.
Payments or documents to any of the courthouse offices may be mailed or dropped in the drop box on the south side of the courthouse.
1. All walk-in customers will be limited to entry into the Courthouse by appointment only.
2. All customers will be required to call ahead and make an appointment with the specific office where they must conduct business.
3. All customers requiring services at the Courthouse will be required to enter the Courthouse through the south entrance.
4. The County is strongly recommending the use of online services whenever possible.
Holt County website is www.co.holt.ne.us.
For Motor Vehicle and Driver’s License renewals: https://dmv.nebraska.gov.
For Real Estate and Personal Property tax payment go to: https://nebraskataxesonline.us/.
5. All county offices are requesting the public call their respective office and they will gladly assist by telephone if possible.
**Payments may be mailed or dropped in the drop box on the south side of the courthouse for all offices.
6. County Court and District Court will continue as scheduled at this time. Since adjustments may occur rapidly, please call prior to your scheduled court time to verify if changes have been made. Both court offices will limit entry into the courtrooms to only individuals who must appear, with no more than 10 persons at any one time, including attorneys and courtroom personnel.
Telephone numbers and emails to contact courthouse offices:
County Assessor - 402-336-1624 or email@example.com
County Attorney - 402-336-9911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
County Clerk - 402-336-1762 or email@example.com
County Court - 402-336-1662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Extension Office - 402-336-2760 or email@example.com
County Treasurer - 402-336-1291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
District Court - 402-336-2840 or email@example.com
Public Defender - 402-336-2847 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register of Deeds - 402-336-2250 or email@example.com
Veterans Service Officer - 402-336-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoning Administrator - 402-340-4140 or email@example.com
Department of Health And Human Services - 402-336-2750 press 0
Nebraska State Probation - 402-336-2594