LINCOLN — The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) continues to take immediate action to restore and open roads and bridges damaged by catastrophic flooding.
NDOT will be holding several open house public meetings to share information about its flood recovery plan and Emergency Relief (ER) projects in response to the historic flooding in March 2019. Nebraska residents and visitors are encouraged to attend the meeting located in the area of interest to them.
The open house meetings are scheduled as follows:
- District 1 Flood Recovery Meeting — 2:30-4 p.m. Tuesday, June 25 in the Kimmel Conference Room (5995 G Rd,, Nebraska City, NE 68410)
- District 3 Flood Recovery Meeting — 2:30-4 p.m. Wednesday, June 26 at the Lifelong Learning Center (601 E. Benjamin Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701)
- District 8 Flood Recovery Meeting — 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, June 27 at the Holt County Annex (128 N. 6th St., O’Neill, NE 68763)
- District 3 Flood Recovery Meeting — 2:30-4 p.m. Thursday, June 27 in the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska Conference Room (2523 Woodbine St., Niobrara, NE 68760)
Restoring safe and efficient travel of Nebraska’s Highways is NDOT’s top priority through temporary emergency relief and permanent solutions. The open houses will feature informational displays and handouts including project details and timelines with NDOT representatives available to help answer questions about flood recovery efforts. Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings at any point during the posted times.
Information about NDOT’s flood recovery efforts is available and updated at.
- Occurred Thursday, June 27th, 2019 @ 9:30 am – 11:00 am